Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Soy Candles

 Kia Ora Bloggers,


Today we had so much fun creating our own soy candles. This year we have been focusing on our well-being and thinking of ways to look after ourself and emotions. One of the ways is creating an environment or atmosphere where it's calming and soothing. 

In our class, we have bunches of lavender which are hung near the window to dry. This creates a nice look for our room and a beautiful scent. 

As part of our learning, we decided to learn about states of matter and create our very own lavender scented soy candles. Followed by procedural writing. Our workshop included maths - as we had to measure, weigh and check the temp. Science to see how the wax changed its form and how to mix the fragrance and a whole lot more. Next time we will use to lavender petals as an extra touch to the tealight candles.

Thanks to Ecolyte (Isha) for organising our candle making equipment and freebies <3. 

Check out our student blogs and leave a comment.


4 comments:

  1. Hey my name is Keti,
    It was really fun making candles in class. Next time we should make bigger candles. This reminded me when there was a cyclone and we had to use candles because the lights were out. Wish you guys the best!

    Nga mihi,
    Keti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my name is Kali,
    I like how you guys got creative and made soy candles. Next time you should add a video of you guys making it. This reminded me of my birthday because we use candles for the birthday cake. What was your favourite thing about making the soy candles? I wish you guys the best!

    Nga mihi,
    Kali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natural soy candles are an excellent choice for anyone practising a vegan lifestyle. You can find pure integrity candles made from 100% organic non-GMO soy oil. 100% soy candles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adsett class,
    It was really fun when we were making these soy candles. When I lighted my one it smelt so nice. My favourite part was when we were adding the mixture into our little cups. Maybe next time you should say how to make them. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.